Friday, May 10, 2013

Dad

I used to have those nightmares and cry in my bed.
You would kiss me and say;
 just think of angels baby,
 they protect you,
they are all around you,
they are kissing you.
You always knew the right things to say.
My mind was full of angels and magic and make believe.
You taught me what is was to dream
To make the best out of everything.
To say fuck you and mean it.
You taught me to believe in myself unconditionally.
That I have the power to my own destiny.
I was a little girl with meaning.
My dad was amazing.
 We would dance in circles and sing
I was living a dream.
Music was everything.
With purple elephants crashing.
and leprechauns laughing,
and your eyes twinkling.
Music was everything.
There was a blizzard that February day,
when our angels came and took you away. 
I was so scared to say goodbye,
I secretly begged for you to give it just one more try.
But, you were so sick.
And, you were so tired, Daddy.
So, we let the angels light you.
We all held hands and watched
you take that last breath.
You took the picture I made you off the wall. 
In that way you said good bye to us all.
One of our angels you are now.
We all suffered on our own for you.
I'm not scared anymore, dad
I know you 
You are my angel now.



No comments:

Post a Comment